He who pursues righteousness and loyalty Finds life, righteousness and honor.

(Proverbs 21:21 NASB)

Successful Mothering…What is your parenting dream?

Dishwater Dreams has some interesting

and thought-provoking tidbits to get your brain working.

Secrets of Successful Moms

Don't try to make your kids be independent too early.

Ironically, when they know they have someone to rely on, they become more self-reliant, better able to cope with all life throws at them, and more motivated to success.

Parenting. I like this one. It is

1. True!
  2. It will create happier adult children.
  3. Improves the outcome of or Legacy.

So, what do you think? In the day and age of hovering parents and over indulgence, will you provide a stable mental and emotional foundation for your child or grandchildren?

I know this has been my "life's work". To raise children that are self-reliant, motivated and emotionally and mental stable. I've grown up with the woman who puts down my success and cheers my failures. I've lived the In-Law nightmare of "Mother Knows Best"--NOT! Why did I come out better off than my brother's and sister's? Well that is a whole nother story. :)

I've always read self-help and parenting books. I've put my mind to raising "Great" people. I want better than I had for them. I've spent my days really getting to know my kids. You know what I mean? What really makes them "tick". I think it is like Intentional Parenting. To me, it was parenting with a purpose.

I'm proud of my children.

They are learning to be leaders.

Disclaimer: From time to time I will share information about products and services I recommend and/or use. Assume I may be affiliated with these products or services. For more information read my Disclosure Page

Comments

1. Pauline Milner says:

I am incred­i­bly lucky to be blessed with such an incred­i­ble Son.

Since he is an only child, of course, he has been spoiled.

How­ever, he is not a ’ spoiled’ kid. He asks for very little.

My dream is that when he is out on his own, he will be a happy, well-adjusted, pos­i­tive con­trib­u­tor to soci­ety. I hope he finds his true soul mate to have a fam­ily with, I do not want him to just ‘settle’.

It has been amaz­ing watch­ing him grow into a sev­en­teen year old.

There are, of course, times when I miss the cud­dling of tod­dler­hood, but I still get good night hugs and I trea­sure them.

Thanks for your arti­cle. I like your per­spec­tive. ~Pauline

2. Theresa says:

Great arti­cle about rais­ing con­fi­dent kids. It’s so impor­tant for our chil­dren to feel secure with us before they can go out into the world.

Fol­low­ing you from Blogelina’s Fol­low Me Forum.

Please fol­low back at http://www.theresagrisanti.com
    Theresa recently posted..Story TimeMy Profile

• MusingMom6 says:

I totally agree! I want my kids to not have to be look­ing over their shoul­der wait­ing for me to tell them what to do. So unfair to them.

Thanks for vis­it­ing and get­ting in on the conversation!

3. Chacoy says:

Oh boy this is a hard one for me-I am a sin­gle mom and although I feel like I haven’t let him be inde­pen­dent on his own, but he has got­ten there and is doing great!
    I also some­times feel he is a spoiled brat, but he isn’t. He is a good kid, he doesn’t through fits and does what I ask of him he says please and thank you, he helps the elderly and strangers but we all know what I am talk­ing about…that one lit­tle thing they do that makes us think ‘Brat!’ Then I count my bless­ings he is such a great kid and isn’t a maniac(Yet!)
    I hope when it’s his turn to be an Amaz­ing, Pro­duc­tive mem­ber of soci­ety as an adult I have taught him(and con­tinue to teach him) the right ways to be that per­son and yet back the per­son who he truly is happy being!
    Great topic, some­times a lit­tle painful when ana­lyzed but it makes me think and par­ent dif­fer­ently to help him and myself be bet­ter people!

• MusingMom6 says:

It’s all about grow­ing. Not only the kids but the adults also. As adults we carry bag­gage with us, so good some not so good.

I have enjoyed the thoughts expressed by the com­men­tors. I tend to ana­lyze and over ana­lyze some things. But that’s who I am. :)
      MusingMom6 recently posted..Net­work­ing for Nerds ebook — adMy Profile

4. Marie says:

I think par­ents that are really try­ing, gen­er­ally “know” when their kids are ready to tackle the next level of grow­ing up. Kids who are raised to under­stand that their par­ents are their cham­pi­ons, that they have peo­ple who love them in their cor­ner… feel empow­ered to take on respon­si­bil­i­ties that come with each mile­stone year, and thrive on the chal­lenge. I am the world’s luck­i­est mom in regard to my kids and I’m hon­estly proud of them, they know that and it makes them feel good!

5. Alissabeth says:

I love this!

While I guide my son, he is becom­ing so inde­pen­dent on his own from just my lead­ing and direct­ing him in how to do things. It’s actu­ally a tad sad because he’s becom­ing so inde­pen­dent! He’s only 3, so we have a long way to go!

6. Fated Diva says:

Janna Hall ★ (@fateddiva)
    6/27/11 11:48 AM
    Well writ­ten! RT @MusingMom6 Suc­cess­ful Mothering…What is your par­ent­ing dream? http://t.co/KfZGgm8

Share Your Thoughts