He who pursues righteousness and loyalty Finds life, righteousness and honor.

(Proverbs 21:21 NASB)

Courage : What does it mean to you?

"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak;

courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen."

Winston Churchill

Courage by definition:  http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/courage

cour·age   [kur-ij, kuhr-] –noun

1.  the quality of mind or spirit that enables a person toface difficulty, danger, pain, etc., without fear; bravery.
2.  Obsolete . the heart as the source of emotion.

I view courage as something that is difficult to do, but in spite of the difficult nature you move forward. Now this could be something you want to do or something you don't. With courage can come a fear of the unknown or be seen as a challenge.

• I have to ponder, does Churchill think that sometimes people put too much effort into having an opinion?
  • Or listening to an opinion that maybe different from your own so you can digest the others words and then grow in knowledge?

Both could be effective in any area of life. Can you think of a time that patiently listening helped the situation? If you had blurted out what was wrong or your thoughts it might have been a bad thing?

I know people that no matter what you say, they will listen intently, then tell you what they think about it.

• What do you think has occured?
  • Has the conversation been good?
  • Or did it just leave the "We agree to disagree" statement.

Does this seem affective to you?

Do you have the courage to say or do things that are not the "popular" things to say or do?

• If you have every home schooled, you have courage-this is not a "popular" thing to do.
    • Although it is becoming more and more wide spread.
  • A particular religious belief system could fall into this category.

Do you have any thoughts on this?

Disclaimer: From time to time I will share information about products and services I recommend and/or use. Assume I may be affiliated with these products or services. For more information read my Disclosure Page

Comments

1. The Anything Place says:

Courage means that you have the abil­ity to be bold and do some­thing that other’s find dif­fi­cult to do. It means you have a lot of men­tal strength!

–The Any­thing Place
    The Any­thing Place recently posted..Look at the 2012 Dodge Avenger R/TMy Profile

• MusingMom6 says:

Well stated! Thanks for com­ment­ing. I stopped by your blog and vis­ited the cute kitty. :)

2. Matt says:

I see courage as the power to over­come fear — I could never put my fin­ger on where courage comes from though!
    Matt recently posted..Cor­ner Com­puter Desk RoundupMy Profile

• MusingMom6 says:

I’ve thought of it com­ing from your soul. That is the only place I can imag­ine holds what is nec­es­sary for courage to take place.

Have a won­der­ful week! :-)

3. [email protected] says:

Hello! I found you through Basilmomma’s Blog Hop!
    Courage is not with­out fear…it is mov­ing for­ward despite the fear IMO.
    Have a great day! Sherri

Face­book– http://tinyurl.com/3nd53r4

• MusingMom6 says:

Well said!

I like putting these ran­dom thoughts out there to see oth­ers per­spec­tives. It encour­ages more thoughts and growth.

Thank you!

4. Barbara Ling, MamaBear says:

Courage con­sists of hang­ing on.…one minute longer.”

It means fac­ing your fears with iron will and declar­ing to the Uni­verse, I *will* suc­ceed!
    Bar­bara Ling, Mam­aBear recently posted..Alarm­ingly Awe­some Adven­tures of the Ani­meNext Con­ven­tion Mom!My Profile

5. [email protected] Life-Sized Catholic Blog says:

Courage does not always roar. Some­times it is a quiet voice at the end of the day say­ing, “I will try again tomor­row”. ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Zipped over from the “Pay it For­ward” meme where you were high­lighted. Great post idea…

• MusingMom6 says:

Thanks for your quote!

I will have to visit your blog, being Catholic also I have a blog that I’m restart­ing here with catholic life top­ics. Another Day in Par­adise. I tried to do a bible study I found on The Jour­ney Home but no one wanted to post rel­e­vant com­ments. I’m just com­ing up on my first year in July and this blog has went through some evolution’s. I have more in store, I just take it a lit­tle at a time.

6. ~ Mona says:

My brother, now he’s coura­geous. He was a Marine and even re-enlisted. Me, not so much.

~ Mona
    More Mile­stones
    ~ Mona recently posted..Sat­ur­day Sug­ges­tions — June 25thMy Profile

7. Maria Matter says:

what a great post! I think courage is con­tin­u­ing on your path regard­less of the obsta­cles along the way!

I also believe every mother that gets out of bed every morn­ing to a house full of kid­dos shows great courage! :)
    Thanks for the fol­low, fol­low­ing back!
    Maria Mat­ter recently posted..Funky Folded Flower Bingo!My Profile

• MusingMom6 says:

Thanks Maria! I get lost in thought on this kind of stuff. I’m enjoy­ing the con­ver­sa­tions :D

8. bre dale says:

Great Post! Courage is so many things, it’s hard to describe. But, I love the win­ston churchill ref­er­ence, one of my all time fave quotes.

9. Kristin Bridgman says:

This one has always been one I’ve remem­bered…
    “Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judge­ment that some­thing else is more impor­tant than fear.”

I home­schooled for 14 years. I did not know I was brave :)
    Some did call me crazy!

Great post!

• MusingMom6 says:

Thank you! I home schooled for five years. I would have loved to con­tinue but the pre­ma­ture birth of baby num­ber six put me into a state of way too overwhelmed.

Many peo­ple see courage and brav­ery in many dif­fer­ent ways. It has been inter­est­ing read­ing through the comments.

I’m a thinker and hope to write more of these.

Share Your Thoughts